Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walking For A Cure!


Hello Everyone!


Over the past several months, our family has become more aware of the importance of finding a cure for cancer. It has impacted our lives significantly and has allowed us to be a part in helping any way we can! Donating blood, platelets and being on the bone marrow donor list are just a few of the things we can do to help.


We are doing a team cancer walk for Light The Night in honor of precious baby Dylan. We are very excited to participate and give to this wonderful organization...and we want YOU to be a part of it! They give and support families with loved ones who have been diagnosed with certain blood cancers. Michelle, Erik and Dylan have personally been blessed and supported by Light The Night and are now wanting to give back!!




Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's evening walk and fundraising event. It is the nation's night to pay tribute and bring hope to thousands of people battling blood cancers and to commemorate loved ones lost.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) funds lifesaving research that has contributed to major advances in the treatment of blood cancers and treatments for other types of cancer, such as chemotherapy and stem cell transplants. These treatments have helped patients live better, longer lives. New targeted therapies that kill cancer cells without harming normal tissue are providing drugs and procedures that are improving quality of life.
A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
Please make a donation to support my team's participation in the Light The Night Walk and help save lives. Be sure to check my team's Web site frequently to see my team's progress, and thanks for your support!
If your family would like to carry a illuminated balloon and get a T-Shirt, a minimum of $100 donation is needed.



West Side Walk Information:

Saturday, November 14th 2009


Sahuaro Ranch Park
9802 N. 59th Ave.
Glendale, AZ

Walk Distance: 2miles
Check In: 5:00pm
Opening Ceremony: 6:00pm
Walk Start Time: 7:15pm


Sign Up Information:

1. Log onto lightthenight.org

2. Click the find a participant/team link located in the blue border at the top. Enter Dylans Dream Team in the team look up.

3. A list of names of participants walking with the team will appear. Click on Dylan's Dream Team located next to any name.

4. This is the team website page. At the bottom, you will see a spot to sign up. Donations can be made through all major credit cards.

There is no donation required to walk. We are trying to raise money as a team...not as individuals. You may have someone sponsor you if you'd like.

Please join us in the hope of finding a cure! Donations of any size are accepted. If you cannot walk but would still like to donate, you can do so. Thank you to everyone for your continued support of love and prayers for my family! You are truly appreciated!! Any questions, you can contact me at: melsue66@aol.com.

We will be ordering Team t-shirts...sign up ASAP so we know how many shirts to order.

P.S. Dylan-the guest of honor, may be doing an appearance! This is exciting news :)

For Him,
Dylan's Auntie Mellissa

5 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog for a long time. And praying for your family. I met you three times at the young marrieds at your church.

    I would like for my family to walk in honor of dylan. But I do not see where it says the min you pay to walk. Do you get people to support you? Or do you just pay a fee?

    Thanks!

    Jessi Barber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for Baby Dylan and I am going to contact my church to start a prayer chain. With the power of God all things are possible and my thoughts are with you, your family and Dylan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I went on to register this morning to be on the team, of course, and I found out I was already on there! Sweet! I am trying to get as many of the ladies from my office to come walk as possible! They all love Dylan and ask about his progress all the time! I told them Dylan may even be there himself! That was a big selling factor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just went on to sign up and saw my name already. Great! Gave a donation too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhod Minster is my name, I am really perplexed today, and I share this piece of good news with everyone reading. Brethren, I was diagnosed of shingles some months after I did a surgery, and I was having serious acute, painful inflammation of the nerve ganglia, with a skin eruption. It was very bad that my skin was gone, and I was almost giving up. The fact was I am very vulnerable because of my weak immune system. So this shingles really affected me. I was taking antiviral medicines after some time it got worst that I was diagnosed of post-herpetic neuralgia. And my doctor prescribed for me paracetamol and codeine which I was using but my condition was getting worst instead of getting better. Somehow, my grandson came home and said his girlfriend was cured of HSV by a herbal doctor whose name was given as Herbal Doctor Uwadia Amenifo. My grandson claimed that his girlfriend was cured by the said doctor with his herbal medicine, so he advised me to give this same herbal doctor a try. I remembered a word at that stage which says ‘there is no harm in trying’ so I decided to give this herbal doctor a try. My grandson help contacted him, and I spoke with him on the phone, and also explained to him in a message I sent to his email. So he assured me, and gave me a good hope that he will surely cure me of this ailment. So we concluded arrangement, and he prepared the herbal medicine, and shipped it to me. So I took it according to his directions. And the herbal mixture really worked for me. I was so surprise the way it worked for me, and in just two weeks, I was beginning to fully recover, and in just less than 2 months, I was fully recovered, and all my pains and inflammation are all gone. Brethren, today I am totally cured and I deem it fit to come here and let everyone know about my cure through the herbal process. Please if you are still suffering from this ailment contact the herbal doctor for your cure. His contact details are as follows Email (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com), phone number (+2349052015874). Wish you all quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete