Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day +110.....movin and a'groovin




Hey guys!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! So sorry that I have not updated anything in a while. Just know that NO NEWS, is GOOD NEWS!!! We had an amazing Christmas (and I am now 29!! YIKES)....and our best gift of all was our baby boy!! I was watching a sappy Christmas movie, and just looked at Dylan and started bawling. The poor boy could probably hardly breathe because I was hugging him so tightly. He is such a HUGE blessing and I cannot express how happy we are to have him here. During this past week, we have been able to spend a lot of time with family on both sides, and even made it up to Flagstaff for a few days, where we celebrated Christmas with my immediate family at my sister's house. There was A LOT of snow, and it was FREEEEEEEZING....so we opted to enjoy the snow from the inside of the house!! It was beautiful to look at!! Our dog, Lily, came with us, and she LOVES the snow!! She was in heaven running around my sisters huge backyard full of snow!! She is a crazy dog!! We also were able to enjoy watching some silly squirrels fight over walnuts that my sister was feeding them. Who needs a TV when there is wildlife entertaining you?? During the summer, she also has chipmunks that join in on the fun! So cute!!
Dylan is doing really well! We went down to Tucson for clinic yesterday and all of his levels are great!! We are now down to one day a week for clinic visits, so we are very happy about that! Most of D's meds are oral now....and now, his tummy does not want to cooperate. For the past week, he has been throwing up his meds, almost immediately, and his tummy does not like it! We are trying to move around some meds and also give him a few more IV injections of Reglan that are supposed to help him empty his tummy. The Doc says that most babies have some sort of reflux....and babies that have been through chemo like D, have a VERY bad problem with reflux. This could be an issue for a few years until his tummy heals completely and matures more. Please pray that he can keep down his meds and that it does not hurt his little tummy anymore. Other than the throw-up issue....he is doing PHENOMENAL!!! He is SOOOOOOO happy! I have never seen a baby who smiles this much!! (besides his girlfriend Abby!) He is enjoying life and loves any attention that he can get!! He is now sitting on his own!! Well.....almost there!! He can balance by himself for about 5 minutes, and then he becomes a leaning tower of Dylan. He is trying though!! It is so much fun!! We also think he may be getting some teeth!! He takes his hand out of his mouth long enough to eat, and then it is right back where he likes it!! We think that he may have 2 bottom teeth making their way through....so we will see! He is STILL not sleeping very well at night....so fun for me! Ha!! But he still only eats 2 ounces at a time, so he wakes up often. The goal for next week is to get him out of the pack'n'play in our room, and get him into his crib. This is a hard step for me, because I have not been further than 6 feet away from him at night for 6 months, but it WILL be good for the both of us. Please keep us in prayer as it will be a tough transition. Pray that he starts to eat more and less frequently and that he will continue gaining weight. He has not gained a lot of weight since leaving the hospital, but it is not an issue at this point. He is now around 14 1/2 pounds and about 25 inches. He is a little guy! And he has the cutest tiny feet!! Almost the size of newborns!! I love to nibble on them! ha!! His site where his double line is all healed up and he now has a small scar. His single line is holding up well and will hopefully be out soon!! That will be SOOOOOOO nice!!
I think that is all that is new for now. I hope that someday, Dylan gets to meet everyone that has been praying for him and supporting him....you guys are AMAZING!! We love you and hope that 2010 brings you many blessings from the Lord.......we are going to have a FANTASTIC and PURPOSEFUL 2010!!
Walking by Faith,
The Praskins

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! What a great update!!! I'm a sucker, though, I'd keep him in the pack and play longer so I didn't have as far to go at night to feed him ;). I will continue to pray for strength and healing. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Good news all around but keep him in the pack n play a little longer(I'm a sucker too! :)...plenty of time for him to be in his crib...His cheeks are so chubby and he looks so healthy...It is a great blessing to be on this journey with you and to see your grace thru this...29 is a great age to be a mom (I was 28 too when I had my first daughter)You win MOM of the year in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete