Friday, August 28, 2009

6 MORE Beads Please!!

Blood Transfusion (thurs night).....CHECK!
MRI......CHECK!
SPINAL TAP.....CHECK!
CAT Scan.....CHECK!
Radiation Simulation....CHECK!
Redo of first CAT Scan...CHECK!!

6 more beads please!! Yikes!! Today has been jam packed with all sorts of tests, and D did a great job through them all! The morning started at 4am (thats when D woke up starving) and then we came back for a nap from 12:00-2 and then back out for more fun and we ended that at about 5:30....or at least that is when we got to our room. D is still passed out from being sedated earlier. I am a little afraid of not getting any sleep tonight. Good thing my mom will be here tomorrow to rescue me and give me a little break. He was a trooper through it all, and he even managed to still charm everyone even when he was soooooo hungry. Its amazing the impact that he has on everyone around him! People just gook and gawk at him all of the time and everyday there are new nurses in here trying to get a peek at him! And he loves every minute of it! Erik and I have been blessed with an amazing child! With all that he goes through everyday, everyone is amazed at how happy he is! And he is happy...all of the time!! Always smiling and talking....and I could stare at his beautiful face all day long! Everytime that I get frustrated with medical things or afraid of the next procedure, God reminds me that he picked Erik and I to be Dylan's parents. He was smiling the day we found out I was pregnant knowing what the future held for us, knowing that we would grow more than ever thought, and knowing that our hearts would be filled with so much love for our little Dylan. There are no surprises to God....and we are blessed to be chosen by Him to raise our precious baby! I just had to share that with you! Ok, enough mushy stuff for now....I better go wake the sleeping beauty and get him some food....so goodbye for now!! We love you guys!!

Under His Control,
Michelle

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

The God of All Comfort
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

2 comments:

  1. Shelly you amaze me. Everytime I look at the blog it makes me smile and proud to be Dylan's Auntie!!You are such an encouragement to me daily and such a great example to me and so many others! Thank you for being so strong and focused on God. I love you so much and I can't wait to come visit! I miss you guys so much already! Give him TONS of hugs and kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle and Erik. I am amazed by your attitude throughout this whole ordeal. Dylan is so blessed to have such God fearing parents! Keep up the good work!!
    ~Heather Snapp

    ReplyDelete