Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day +19...still going strong!







Good evening or good morning....whenever you happen to be reading this. We have some wonderful news about Dylan's counts...they are continuing to go up at a steady pace!! It is very exciting!! Yesterday he was at 900....and today he was at 1400!! God is really working in his little body...PRAISE GOD!! We still have a LONG road ahead of us, but we are on the right track.

Part of me, the mom in me, just wants to know for sure what the outcome will be. Will he be healthy someday? Will he have any problems? Will he survive this journey? But God reassures me that today has enough worries of it's own. I cannot worry about the future, about tomorrow, but I have to focus on today....as hard as it is. I would just love to know!! Ahhhhh!! So that was my little tangent for today. It is something that I have really been struggling with lately. I just want to know--for certain--if my baby is going to be alright, and survive this thing. All I know for certain, is that I have an ALMIGHTY, POWERFUL, LOVING God, who is watching over every tiny detail and in control of it all. I put my faith in Him. I believe that He is healing Baby D this very second-He is more powerful and more magnificent than I can even comprehend. Thank you Lord for taking care of Dylan!!!

Ok, well back to Dylan. He is doing 100% better than he was on Saturday and Sunday. His breathing is back to normal, but for some reason he still wants to hang on to that oxygen and does not want to give it up quite yet. We are hoping to be off by the end of the week. He is still sleeping a lot, but it is just his body's way of playing catch up. When he is awake, he is soooooo smiley!! And he even giggles every now and then. He is all smiles until I pull out the camera! HA! We have ruined him! He dislikes the camera very much and almost glares at it every time! It is quite hilarious! So I have to sneak in pictures when he is not looking...I wish you could see his BIG smiles!!

Well, I am off to bed. Please continue praying that Dylan's body keeps making progress daily and he can feel like himself more every day!! You guys are amazing prayer warriors and God is hearing each and every one of the prayers!! We love you!!

Walking by Faith,

Michelle, Erik & Baby Dylan :)

2 comments:

  1. Precious smile in his picture! Yeah on progress! Still praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about you on Kelly's blog. What an adorable little boy Dylan is. I can't imagine what you're going through....I can however totally understand how you want to know that he is going to be alright. How difficult it must be right now for your family and for precious Dylan. I am praying for him and your entire family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete