Sunday, July 12, 2009

Little Steps....

Hello everyone!! We have now gone 36 hours without a fever (a high one at least)!! Praise God!! We also got some GREAT news with Dylan's blood counts today!! His white blood cell count went all the way up to 1.5 (1500)!! This is a huge step because he has been hovering around 0.1-0.05 for the past two weeks!! He still has a long way to go. Please pray that his counts go up so that he can continue his chemo, and eventually get on track to get his bone marrow transplant (more details later this week on the BMT). All in all, he is making great progress!! We are very proud of our little man, he is working so hard!! He has not been the happiest little guy the past couple of days, but who can blame him--he feels icky. I have to remind myself that even perfectly healthy babies get grumpy sometimes (or more than that!). Even through all the grumpiness and feeling yucky, he was able to bless us with his gorgeous smile. Some days all I need is to see that perfect smile of his!! It makes everything better :)
Erik and I were able to go to the Diamondbacks game today with Hopekids. We had a lot of fun and were able to hang out with our new friends Mandy and Aaron. I have to admit that it was a little hard being around all of the different families at the game with all of their kids. Especially the families with small babies. I want so badly to be able to take Dylan out and I know the reality is that it will not happen for a long time. I have to focus on today, and making sure I do whatever I can to get through one day at a time and to be thankful that I have this day with him. I am so blessed to be Dylan's mommy. He is truly a very special little boy and it is my honor to be the one that God chose to take care of him. Both Erik and I know that God chose us as his parents for a reason and we are ready to do whatever it takes to be the best parents possible.
Please pray for Erik and I, that we stay strong through this trial and lean on our Lord for strength and that baby Dylan's body can continue to grow strong against his leukemia cells. Thank you for your prayers! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment